Organized tourism first began on this location. Prior of monastery
Raca, Zaharije Milekić built first objects for tourists called
Stanovi between the world wars. There were 60 beds in three objects.
One could get there on train to Kremna and from there was
transported by people from monastery vacation center on horse driven
carts. This used to take up to two hours. In 1935. rehabilitation
center for 16 persons was built. Later it becomes hotel “Tara”.
Today on Kaluđerske Bare there are modern hotels Omorika, Beli bor
and Javor and well equipped private objects with rooms of different